Test Drive 5 is a racing video game developed by Pitbull Syndicate for the PlayStation and Microsoft Windows. It is the fifth entry in the Test Drive series of video games.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
- Quick Race - A quickly accessible single race.
- Single Race - A single race customised by the player.
- Time Trials - Time trial races involving each track
- Cup Race - A series of various tournaments, each involving a set number of races.
- Drag Race - An one-on-one drag race in a drag strip.
- Cop Chase - A game mode which allows to play as a cop.
- Quad Race - "Two Player Race" exclusive mode involving four tracks.
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Test Drive 5/Vehicles
The game includes a selection of licensed vehicles, including additional variants for some, such as police cars available in Cop Chase mode.
Police car and original cars become playable in Single Race and Drag Race modes by winning all tournament races. Some licensed vehicles are unlocked by winning a circuit track, while others are earned by winning tournaments, which causes different vehicles to be unlocked depending on tournament types. In addition to licensed vehicles, fictional bonus cars can also be unlocked.
All computer controlled vehicles have the same top speeds, which depends on difficulty and vehicle dynamics settings. Arcade vehicle dynamics cause vehicles to accelerate and decelerate faster, have higher top speeds, and have greater crash effects than Simulation setting.
Tracks[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Test Drive 5/Courses
There are 19 tracks in the game, with 18 real-world tracks, plus one extra, fictional circuit. Courses follow checkpoint and circuit track layouts, and returning locations from Test Drive 4 are featured. Winning in a checkpoint track unlocks a reverse version of the track, and winning in a circuit track unlocks a vehicle.
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
- Fear Factory - 21st Century Jesus
- Fear Factory - Genetic Blueprint
- Fear Factory - Replica
- Junkie XL - Def Beat
- Gravity Kills - Falling
- KMFDM - Anarchy
- KMFDM - Leid Und Elend
- KMFDM - Megalomaniac
- Pitchshifter - Genius
- Pitchshifter - Microwaved
- Pitchshifter - W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G.
Box Art[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Test Drive Series|
|Main Entries||Test Drive · The Duel: Test Drive II · Test Drive III: The Passion · Test Drive 4 · Test Drive 5 · Test Drive 6 · Test Drive: Overdrive · Test Drive Unlimited · Test Drive Unlimited 2 · Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends · Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown|
|Others||Test Drive Le Mans · Test Drive: Eve of Destruction|
|Off-Road Series||Test Drive Off-Road · Test Drive Off-Road 2 · Test Drive Off-Road 3 · Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open|
|Handheld spin-offs||Test Drive Cycles ・ Test Drive 2001|